StashFest 2014, sponsored by PEMCO Insurance, is a unique two-day sale of one-of-a-kind Artisan Fabrics and Designer Wearables. StashFest’s unique fabric and wearables include: Eclectic global fabrics and designer clothing; Japanese textiles reinvented; Hand-painted and dyed silks; Digital printing on fabric; CQA Collector’s Choice Fabrics; Hand silk-screened new and up-cycled fabrics; Hand-dyed Kona cottons; Vintage Japanese Yukata Cotton; and much, much more. Eight Artisans have been chosen, by invitation, to bring their wares:
- Ann Darling, Collection of global fabrics from China, Japan, Central America and other faraway places, as well as her designer clothes and accessories.
- Ako Shimozato, vintage kimono silks, handmade tenugui bathrobes, accessories and ornaments made from kimono fabrics, vintage haoris and vintage kimonos.
- Suzanna Leigh, Hand-painted and dyed silks, painted silk scarves, and wearable art.
- Peggy Juve, Digitally printed fabrics and clothing featuring the work of local artists.
- The CQA Collection, Collectors’ Choice Fabrics – expect hand-dyed, hand painted, vintage, and global fabrics—with a label to give you background information on the provenance of each treasure.
- Annie Lewis, Hand Silk Screened Fabrics, original designs on re-purposed fabrics to create bold and energetic patterns.
- Melanie Hopkins, Hand-dyed Kona Cottons – made by a mother/daughter team from Lake Stevens, they began dyeing fabrics ten years ago.
- Patricia Belyea, an artisan quilter from Seattle, with her extensive collection of vintage Japanese yukata cottons.
StashFest is a unique fundraising event for the La Conner Quilt & Textile Museum with one-of-a-kind Artisan goods. Offering a unique shopping experience, StashFest features a collection of artisans and small companies for a two-day sale of unique and remarkable fabrics and wearables.
Hours: Saturday, March 29, 11-5, free admission
Sunday, March 30, 10-3, free admission
Preview Sale: Saturday, March 29, 10-11, $12 brings you the first chance to purchase!
Location: La Conner Civic Garden Club, 622 S. Second Street, La Conner, WA 98257 (across the street from the La Conner Quilt & Textile Museum)
For more information about our unique Artisans, please visit the website below!
..Museum Media Contact: Kathleen Kok, firstname.lastname@example.org
Event contact: Patricia Belyea, email@example.com
Read about StashFest 2013 on page two…
Pages: 1 2